Profile of Freddie Irvine
- Date of birth: 17.06.1988
- Current status: Engineer/Welder
- Hometown: Dundee, Scotland
- Activities: Finesse fishing for pike and perch, Angling photography, Bankside cooking, Saltwater LRF, Smashing out big swimbaits and jerkbaits, deadbaiting.
- Joined the Team: 10.10.2018
landscape and nature photography is another big passion of mine, I also enjoy editing the photographs I take. I’m a bit of a foodie so I love cooking with thai food topping the menu. Being an engineer enjoy building things/ taking things apart. Most at home in the great outdoors, I love hill walking and camping with friends and family and of course my dog.
Chasing scales and tails, capturing predators in pixels! Angling photography is what I strive for. I always fish C+R, so to take a nice photograph home at the end of the day is a great way to preserve the memory. Finesse lure fishing is what I enjoy the most closely followed by chucking big lures to the crocs. I mainly wade my way along the bank or float tube. I cover lots of water this way, this is needed when fishing the giant wild lochs in Scotland. I also enjoy some salt water fishing to give me a change from fresh water.
The three keys to success
- Location location location! To me finding the fish is the one most important element to successful angling.
- Break the mould, try something different! do what works for you, not what works for everyone else.
- Always stay positive and confident of catching. Right down to the very last cast! Have it in your mind that the very next cast could be the fish of a lifetime.