Profile of Andy Breker
- Date of birth: 03.07.1987
- Current status: Pharmacist
- Hometown: Bochum, Germany
- Activities: Predatorfishing in freshwater and saltwater > everything that hits the lure hard, wakeboarding, gym, diving, skiing
- Joined the Team: 01.01.2021
Doesn’t matter where I go, I have a fishing rod in my luggage.
If it is a trip for a seminar for work to Hamburg or a holiday with my wife to Costa Rica…
Every water I come by, I’d like to cast a lure in.
Most of the time I’m fishing for pike, perch and zander in Germany or the Netherlands.
But I love to travel and catch new species all over the world.
My fishingjourneys brought me to Canada, Italy and Spain for pikefishing,
Serbia, Spain and Italy for zander-, blackbass- and catfishfishing and in the last past years to Costa Rica, Florida, South Africa, Maldives, Australia, Andaman Islands, Sudan and Panama for topwaterfishing in the tropics.
I like to cast bigbaits for pike and zander all day long, but also perch and aspfishing with small twitchbaits and softlures is on my to-do-list every year.
The bigger the water, the more I am on fire.
I started fishing for roach and bleak in nothern Italy with a polerod when I was 4 years old.
Since then I tried nearly every fishingstyle and caught most of the species in my homewaters.
When I was 7 years old I fell for active predatorfishing with the spinning rod.
As a teenager I learned lot about pike- and zanderfishing in Canada and the Netherlands with my dad and Jan Eggers.
In 2014 I planned my first trip to the Maldives and from that day on the salty water fishing virus got even worse then my fishing virus before.
The three keys to success
- Be the first and the last one on the water.
- Keep casting! Especially on tough days!
- Keep trying new lures, fishing styles, methods and watersystems.